Thank You Messages for Thank You Notes
Thank you messages that contain quotes about gratitude
the significance of a thank you note. Use the quotation as the main message and add a personal note, or underscore a thank you with an appropriate quote after your signature.
Either way, thank you notes that incorporate a quotation will live on.
Don’t be surprised to see the quote (and your note!) tacked to a bulletin board or stuck to a refrigerator.
Check out these thank you quotes from thinkers past and present.
Thank You Messages
- “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” – Johannes A. Gaertner
- “Conversation has a kind of charm about it, an insuating and insidious something that elicits secrets from us just like love or liquor.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Let never day nor night unhallowed pass, but still remember what the Lord hath done.” – William Shakespeare
- “Like when I’m in the bathroom looking at my toilet paper, I’m like ‘Wow! That’s toilet paper?’ I don’t know if we appreciate how much we have.” – Alicia Silverstone
- “Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement—and we will make the goal.” – Jerome P. Fleishman
- “Is there some principal of nature which states that we never know the quality of what we have until it is gone?” – Elbert Hofstadter
- “You never miss them until they’re loving someone else.” – Greg Evans
- “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” – Lionel Hampton
- “I don’t like it when people on the street say ‘smile’ or ‘cheer up.’ It’s a real cheap line. I’m feeling good. I’m feeling real grateful for everything. It’s a solid time in my life. When people say I look sad, they’re wrong.” – Nicolas Cage
- “Whatever I am offered in devotion with a pure heart—a leaf, a flower, fruit, or water—I accept with joy.” – Bhagavad Gita
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “Thank God every morning when you get up that you have something to do that day, which must be done, whether you like it or not.” – James Russel Lowell
Check out the following pages for more cool thank you sayings
and thank you quotes
Or, if you’d prefer, we’ve included a number of thank you phrases to jump start your creativity and help you write thank you notes your own.
Happy writing, and thanks for visiting our thank you messages page!
Return from Thank You Messages to Thank You Note Examples and Tips Home